Hi!


Welcome to all past students of Gorokan High on the NSW Central Coast (Australia).

email: gorokanhigh@gmail.com but please make it public and use the comments where you can.

Search This Blog

Search Tips

You can use the search box above to search either this blog, pages we link to, or the web.

NB: New material on this blog will not be searchable for several days until Google crawls it.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Right... What now??

...phew!  As you may be aware I used to have a Gorokan High website up on my personal web space with my ISP IntergrityNet at Gosford (not a bad ISP - excellent service, but expensive).  When I changed ISPs back to Telstra BigPond, then that website disappeared, and it has been down for a lot longer than I had hoped it would have been.

We are now back with a vengeance, and with the option to include a lot more data (unlimited - it's hosted by "Blogger", which is a service provided by Google, so one can assume they have a big hard drive or two to keep the data safe).  My personal web space was limited to a mere ten megabytes, and at the time of it going offline, the thing was occupying 8.96 megs, so we didn't have far to go.

Putting the site on to a blog is going to be tricky, as the arrangement of the blog is primarily chronological.  IE the articles will come up in order of when they are posted.  However the hosting charges are nil and as mentioned we have unlimited space, so there are huge differences.

The old blog was restricted to just MY year at Gorokan High (Year 10/1980).  There is no reason to limit this blog to any year at all.  In the early days of the blog, my material will naturally come from the early years because that's what I've got, but if I come across anything else useful from future years (or the one before), I'll put it online.

- Yours truly.
In addition, Blogger allows user comments (and I want to see a lot of them, guys).  So it has the chance to be alot more interactive than the old web site. Another big plus is that it doesn't just have to be me adding the blog posts.  If anyone would like to become either an editor or blogger, and you have the IT skills to be able to do it properly, please send me a line by email.  (Finding my email address on the blog might be your first challenge - although it IS very prominent)!

Okay, so away we go.  What on earth am I going to make the first (substantive) post, I wonder...

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I've been trying to contact anyone from the Kilpatrick family, that lived in Marks Road, Gorokan on the Central Coast of NSW in the 1970's and into the early 80's.
    Leanne and Jenny (Jennifer) went to Gorokan High, commencing 1976 and 1977 respectively.
    I know from class photos (found on this web-site and another), that in 1978 Leanne was in 9E2, and Jenny (a year behind her) went through to year 12 graduating in 1982.
    I would love to catch up and see how they are after all these years.
    I would very much appreciate any advice.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brad great to get your message can't believe you've managed to track us down. Leanne and I and our families are living in the Manning Valley NSW nearby each other nowadays .. It would be great to catch up my email address is jengranger30@yahoo.com.au .. Drop me a line and I'll give you our other details :D xx Jenny ps ... Anybody thrown you off a sailing boat lately?

      Delete